In these times where competition is becoming tougher and tougher, many people, especially athletes and sports enthusiasts want to find ways to improve their skills. In fact, many are motivated to break world records and be at the top of their game.
Improve Your Skills On Jumping
Whether you love playing basketball, football, volleyball or any other sports that require jumping, you may find it helpful to find ways and techniques on how to increase your vertical jump to gain more advantage. Indeed, the higher you can jump, the better advantage you can have especially in games such as basketball or volleyball.
If you are looking for ways on how to increase your vertical jump, here are 5 things that you can do to improve your jump and improve your playing skills as well.
1. Develop more flexibility. To be able to maximize the extent as to which your body and your muscles can bring you when it comes to your vertical jump, you first have to develop that flexibility needed for you to improve your jump. Developing flexibility as well will help you avoid injuries as you aim for a higher jump. You can develop flexibility through exercises and warm up. Consult your personal trainer if you are interested to improve your jump. They will help you find exercises that will be fit for you as well.
2. Build and strengthen your leg muscles. Aside from developing flexibility, you also have to develop more strength in your leg muscles as they will propel you to higher jumps and of course are the muscles most involved in jumping. Stronger leg muscles will also help you land safely on the ground when you jump. However, it is also helpful to keep in mind that you may also need to develop the muscles in your abs and in your torso to help you propel yourself higher vertically. Squats, calf raises toe exercises, abdominal exercises, and many other exercises can be done for this goal.
3. Develop more strength in your toes. Your toes also play a role in pushing you up for your vertical jump. In fact, your toes will be the last to leave the ground when you do your jump and more strength in your toes can at least help propel yourself higher. Simple exercises such as curling your toes can help to make a good start with your strengthening. Also find other exercises that can also help you with it as well.
4. Check out your muscle to fat ratio. Another thing that can help you on how to increase your vertical jump is to make sure you are not too heavy for it. If you have too much fat in your body, that can drag you down and keep in mind as well that too many muscles can also add up to your weight as well, so make sure you have a good balance of fat and muscles as well.
5. Do plyometrics. Plyometrics is one of the best training exercises that will help you improve your vertical jump. Keep in mind to develop flexibility first before attempting to do some plyometrics as this can cause injuries if not correctly done as well.
So that’s all some tips for you to know about increasing your vertical jump. Thanks for your attention.